Lower Sixth Enrolment
Please contact the college on Results Day,
to accept or decline your place and then, if accepting your place,
complete and submit your online Enrolment Form before
the beginning of term.
Online Enrolment Form
Download, print and complete your Student Learning Contract
Information about Enrolment Day, Tuesday, 4 September 2018
Please come to college to enrol in person. You must remember to bring the following with you:
- A signed copy of The Burgate Sixth Form College Student Learning Contract.
- If you are coming from another school, please ensure you bring a copy of your exam results sheet from your previous school for verification and for us to keep on file.
- A cheque for £60 or £100 as your enrolment fee and work experience payment as explained below.
- If you think you may be eligible for the 16-19 Bursary Fund, please download, print and complete the application form from our website and bring this with you on enrolment morning. Alternatively please ensure you hand this in to the Sixth Form Office as early as possible in the term. For information and to check your eligibility please visit our website for details: 16-19 Bursary Fund
- We are able to dispense over the counter medication (e.g.paracetamol) to students with parental consent. If you would like access to this please download the Parental Consent Form and bring a signed copy into college.
- All L6 students are required to attend the Safe Drive, Stay Alive ROADSHOW on Friday, 5 October 2018. Transport is provided from college and there is no charge for the event, however parental permission is required. Please download the Safe Drive Form and Information Sheet and bring a signed copy with you on Enrolment day.
Lower Sixth Enrolment Times by Surname
A to F from 08:30
G to N from 09:15
M to Z from 10:00
Don't forget to enrol online before 30 August, and to bring all of the above documents with you.
Please allow approximately one hour for enrolment.
About our Enrolment Fee
- We ask Sixth Form students for a non-returnable £10 for locker facilities (for 2 years), this fee is used towards the maintenance and replacement of lockers Inc. keys / padlocks.
- We also ask students for a returnable deposit of £15 towards the cost of Sixth Form academic resources which includes provision of a returnable lanyard. (Replacement lanyards will be charged for. It is compulsory that students wear their lanyards.)
- We ask students to pay a non-returnable fee of £25 to provide additional social and student facilities.
- All year 12 students are expected to complete a compulsory careers experience at the end of the Y12 summer term. This will provide students with an opportunity to consider and experience future careers destinations that will inform and guide UCAS applications, apprenticeships and employment. The administrative fee of £40 covers the health and safety and legal checks which are carried out by EBP-SW.
- We ask students for a non-returnable contribution of £10 towards two study skills sessions provided by an external agency, one early in year 12 on how to study for A-Levels and another post mocks in year 13 on preparing for final examinations.
You may wish to pay the full £100 on enrolment day Tuesday 4 September 2018, alternatively you may wish to pay in two instalments by the deadlines below. Please note the minimum amount of £60 is a required condition of enrolment to Burgate Sixth Form.
£100 or £60 (1st installment) to be paid by cash, cheque or card on Tuesday 4 September 2018.
2nd instalment of £40 to be paid via school gateway by Friday 23 November 2018.
If you are in receipt of a Bursary, this will cover your enrolment costs and you will be refunded any money paid.
£15 is refundable upon return of any lent Sixth Form resources following completion of a clearance form.
COLLEGE LESSONS BEGIN
Wednesday 5 SEPTEMBER 2018