Lower Sixth Enrolment
GCSE Results Day - Thursday 22 August 2019
Please contact the college on Results Day to accept or decline your place and then, if accepting your place,
complete and submit your online Enrolment Form before
Thursday, 29 August 2019.
(This does not commit you to taking up your place)
Complete your online enrolment form - available here in August
On GCSE Results Day, Thursday 22 August and Friday 23 August, staff will be in school between 09:30 and 15:00 for you to confirm your GCSE results and accept or decline your place. Staff will also be available to discuss course choices.
Information about Enrolment Day, Tuesday, 3 September 2019
8.30-11.30 in the Sixth Form Hall
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of your exam results
- Signed student contract
- Signed over the counter medication parental consent form
- Signed parental permission slip for Safe Drive
Sixth Form Enrolment Fees
There is a £100 enrolment fee to the Burgate Sixth Form which covers various resources, facilities and expenses which are explained below. Payment may be made in full or in two instalments via the School Gateway* by the deadlines below. A minimum £60 payment is a required condition of enrolment to Burgate Sixth Form.
- There is a non-returnable £10 for locker facilities (for 2 years); this fee is used towards the maintenance and replacement of lockers including keys / padlocks.
- There is a non-returnable fee of £25 to provide additional social and student facilities.
- There is a returnable deposit of £15 towards the cost of Sixth Form academic resources which includes provision of a compulsory returnable lanyard. (Replacement lanyards will be charged for.)
- All Year 12 students are expected to complete a compulsory careers experience at the end of the year 12 summer term. This will provide students with an opportunity to consider and experience future careers destinations that will inform and guide UCAS applications, apprenticeships and employment. The administrative fee of £40 covers the Duty of Care checks which are carried out by CSW Enterprise.
- There is a voluntary contribution of £10 towards two study skills sessions provided by an external agency, one early in year 12 on how to study for A-Levels and another post mocks in year 13 on preparing for final examinations.
1st instalment of £60 (or full £100) to be paid by via the School Gateway* by Friday 6 September 2019.
2nd instalment of £40 to be paid via School Gateway* by Friday 22 November 2019.
If you are eligible for a Bursary this can be used to fund part of the enrolment fee. Read more...
*School Gateway accounts for new parents/carers can be created from 09:00 on Tuesday 3 September 2019.
To register, you must enter a parent/carer email address and mobile number that matches the contact details given to us on the student enrolment form.
Create your School Gateway account.